Monday, June 27, 2011

Spruce SF: samedi 25 juin 2011

Date:  samedi 25 juin 2011
Location:  3640 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA  94118
Tel:  +1 415 931 5100
http://www.sprucesf.com/

Spruce SF used to be one of my favorite restaurants in the world.  The wine list still is, no question.  The cocktails - still the best in the world in my opinion.  Spruce uses fresh herbs and flowers in their cocktails, and home brews their own liquers.  I ordered a beautiful 2006 Grand Cru Valmur Chablis that evening.  Stony, right acidity, opened throughout the evening with delicate floral nose. 

The service however, I regrettably share has become abrupt and brisk.  The ambience - ever noisy.  Not sure how they will reach their Michelin 1 Star like this.  It used to be that when I walked into Spruce, the Maitre De would immediately greet me and ensure my seating was arranged (whether for now or wait list).  On this day, neither the hostess nor the maitre de made eye contact with me.  They were both too busy trying to figure out one person's seating arrangement (is that necessary to have two resources applied to one task?).  It took me about three minutes lingering around the hostess table and forcing eye contact with them, to finally get some attention.

The food is still delicious, some of the freshest ingredients procured in the San Franciscan restaurant industry.  The wine and cocktail list, as mentioned above, will always remain one of my favorites. 

My November 2009 review of Spruce SF (when they had only been open over a year+)... which I am disapointed to now have to downgrade as of today's present review. 
http://soledad-bleu-etoile.blogspot.com/2009/11/spruce-sf-san-francisco.html

2006 Grand Cru Valmur Chablis

Greyhound cocktail.

Gruyere mini puffs.
Ricotta ravioli with fresh spring peas.

Foie 2 ways.

Halibut.

No comments: