Wednesday, November 25, 2009

James Beard House: New York

Date:  lundi 9 novembre 2009
Location:  167 West 12th Street
New York, NY

Following the James Beard Foundation blog, I answered their blog purely for fun one afternoon.  Share with JBF and its members what is one's favorite dessert wine?  Winner receives 6-pc set of Spieglau digestif stemware.  Without so much as even trying to win - I won.  Here I am... at #10th responder. 
http://www.jamesbeard.org/blog/?p=3613

I flew to New York to pick up the stemware and was graciously greeted by the gorgeous Kristopher Moon, Director of House Operations and House Events at the James Beard House.  He took the time to walk with me and give me a full tour of the original James Beard House which operates today as part office, and full kitchen and dining room for its members.  Everyone at the house is just full of LOVE - big heart for sure.  While passing through the kitchen (which boasts La Cornue stoves - !!), I witnessed handsome, sexy Italian chefs who had just flow in one day prior, prepping ingredients for that evening's meal to be prepared for JBF members.  Oh how I wish I was invited... or could be a sous chef... but to be in that very kitchen from which amazing meals are created........  ahhhhh!!

Being a food and wine enthusiast, I was nothing short of grinning and smiling ear to ear to traverse the same very stairs, rooms, and kitchen that James Beard himself did when he lived in the house.  Kristopher was the kindest host.  I loved him to death - and promised that someday soon we will get together with Hosea and all cook a meal together.

Visiting the James Beard House was one of the major high points of my last minute excursion to NY...