Thursday, May 26, 2011

Heirloom Cafe: San Francisco

Date:  vendredi 1 avril 2011
Location:  2500 Folsom Street

San Francisco, CA 94110
Tel:  +1 415 821 2500

Typical San Francisco style cooking. Fresh, seasonal, local, mostly organic.  Barely any dressing on the salads, since the fresh sweetness in the greens speak for themselves.  This was yet another one of those 48hour weekend trips to San Francisco - and recently my approach has been to treat my work "base" as any other stay-cation city I frequent.  Sounds so oxy-moronic I know, but it certainly is true.  

Everything is very fresh and sourced locally.  A minimum requirement for any restaurantto survive in San Francisco.  The cooking style here is just clean. 

I was not too satisfied with their wine list, but I guess, the food is simple and clean as was their accompanying wine list.  Alright, then.

Update:  lundi 30 mai 2011
I have just been informed by a fellow wine enthusiast friend that Heirloom Cafe has a Cellar List for wine that can be requested.  Also, they give 60% off corkage fee for older vintages.  Thanks TJ! 

Olives!

Dining Room.

Cauliflower soup, crispy leeks.

Potato gnocchi, fennel sausage, mushrooms, English peas.

Love sitting upfront and personal with the chefs, watching them make the magic that feeds our souls!

Maine sea scallops, sweet mashers, frisee, brown butter, currants.

Little gem lettuces, citrus, avocado, fresh herbs.  My San Francisco!

Aftermath of my three desserts!

Hoffman chicken, wilted escarole, bacon, roasted garlic bread pudding.

Dessert #1 - the crunchy meringue top, with dollop of meringue tart and vanilla bean ice cream on top, with berry squeeze.

Strawberry shortcake.

Affogatto!

Watching the action....

No comments: