Monday, May 30, 2011

Le Jules Vernes Part Deux, Eiffel Tower: PARIS

Date: samedi 14 mai 2011
Location: Eiffel Tower

A lovely three hour eating affair. Saturday lunch on a sunny day in an Alain Ducasse Michelin Star restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. Two Grand Crus. Lovely dishes, and very charming staff. Most of all, replete with a delightfully fun and cheerful eating partner sitting across from me while I took in the view of all of Paris. I loved it. It's just as anyone would dream it to be, a perfect stroll down the Seine River in the morning, croissant snack for breakfast under the beautiful sunny partly cloudy sky during Paris Spring. Then, upward into the private elevator for a quiet and relaxing Saturday afternoon lunch amidst light hearted and good humored conversation, with the sun coming in all the while. I think everyone should try to experience this restaurant at least once in their life. Book far in advance so as not to be disapointed!

By the way, their attentive staff become ansy if you are not already seated when the meal arrives. They want you to eat it warm. "Madam, your meal is already served and waiting for you, it is warm," (as I was coming out of the restroom). Then, my eating partner got up to leave briefly also - "Madam...?!?! Where is Messieur???" I like this attention to detail.

Update:  dimanche 29 mai 2011
Two weeks have passed and I am still thinking on this majestic, hedonistic, Chablis.  Our 2006 Vincent Davissaut Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos still resonnates in my brain, spinal cord, and palate. This wine opened up my senses just as well as it implanted itself in my taste buds, and left its little shrapnels of rocks imbedded in my palate forever to remember. This dry Chablis had a ton of minerality on the nose and palate, with light fresh lemon and toasted oak flavors. An astonishingly beautiful wine that opened up even more beautifully after three hours decanted. I long to taste this wine again, in the perfect environment and perfect company...