Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bar Johnny @ Polk and Green: San Francisco

Date:  samedi 24 octobre 2009
Location:  2209 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109-1815
(415) 268-0140



The best fried chicken and waffles, better than Roscoe's in LA from the famed Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (Hollywood movies).  Only served before 6pm or after 11pm.  Bar Johhny CFW is served with belgian waffle!  A great SF secret...  Bar Johnny is one of the few restost that serves until 1am.  The other is Oola in SOMA.  Lately I have begun to think that Oola overdoes their dishes with too much flavor, too much sauce, too much pomp and circumstance...  sometimes less is more!!


Anyhow, this particular Saturday I worked from home all night... starved... and had my head set on getting my 1/2 yearly fix of late night chicken and waffles.  I was happy in the end. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks pretty good. You didnt order the truffle fries?