Thursday, October 29, 2009

Vicoletto Restaurant and Wine Bar: San Francisco

Date:  mercredi 28 octobre 2009
Location:  550 Green St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 989-2289





5pm in North Beach, early for 7pm dinner with the girls.  Hummm, I had planned to cozy up in a cafe and get some work done on my lappy.  Instead, found myself in an Italian resto/wine bar "Vicoletto" - casual, chic, and friendly vibe.  Tasted two contrasting red wines, the 2007 N'ero d'Avola (like a Syrah) which had a delightful alcohol content leaving the back of my throat and tongue nicely warm, and the 2006 Nebbiolo d'Alba, which was a bright ruby red wine which had a smooth velvety texture.  Befriended the GM, Chris, who tried to persuade me to order the homemade ravioli dish stuffed with local wild boar, prepared with a carmelized crispy brown sage butter, topped with 3g of Alba shaved white truffle.  He brought out the beautiful Italian truffles on a serving plate to tantalize me.  Evil!  They smelled heavenly, enough to make one's eyes roll back in their head in ecstasy.  It is true, I can see why people say that truffles can be an aphrodisiac.  I am willing to bet that most people who can appreciate truffles probably also like fresh uni.  They both measure highly on the sexual richter scale... one whiff of these amazing white truffles and I wanted to let my head fall back onto a soft white down pillow.... 

2 comments:

Jdub said...

I think I've been to this place before. I had Oso Bucco.

Soledad Bleu Etoile said...

hey Jdub! thanks for looking and nice to meet you!